As any blushing winner should do, my first order of business is to thank my foodie friends who thought to give me an award. You all said such kind things, and there are so many incredibly talented bloggers out there, that I feel truly honored to have been singled out! Thank you to Raje at Veggie Haven for my Bear Hug and One Lovely Blog Award; thank you Shelly of Experimental Culinary Pursuits for your inspiring words and my One Lovely Blogger Award; and last (but not least) a million thanks to fellow freelance writer the Chickenless Chick and Pegasus Legend for my Kreativ Blogger Award!
So here you go:
1. I love getting awards ... but I think I like giving them even more.
2. I was sent to Catholic school ... blogging nuns are my sworn enemies. Step off!
3. Some people say I'm dramatic. I say those people are clinically insane.
4. If you wanted to pay me to travel the world, I would totally take all of your money.
5. I always second guess myself and think I didn't do a good enough job ... like, should this point have been number 2?
6. I can think of a thousand ways to procrastinate ... if you're reading this, I bet you can too.
7. I believe that anything worth doing is worth doing in an extravagant, over-the-top way.
I would like to pass this award on to 7 foodies whose food - and attitude - inspires me:
1. Girl Gone Gourmet: Keep baking that bread, girl!
2. Raje at Veggie Haven: I love these clean, flavorful dishes.
3. Drick of Drick's Rambling Cafe: Fish Fridays, Sabado Mexicano ... and some of my favorite Creole dishes.
4. Cajun Chef Ryan: New Orleans history lessons and delicious food, all rolled into one.
5, The Winter Guest: Miriam from Madrid creates gorgeous breads and imaginative dishes.
6. Frank of Memorie di Angelina: Mouth watering Italian cuisine
7. Tasty Eats at Home: Gluten-free goodness
And now it's time for ...
1. Citron et Vanille: Deceptively simple dishes beautifully presented
2. Sense & Serendipity: Divina informs and inspires
3. The Little Teochew: I want to make everything she cooks!
4. Chickenless Kitchen: Funny and adventurous
5. Experimental Culinary Pursuits: Meat-free with big flavor
6. Chow & Chatter: Nutritious food and fun info
7. The Colors of Indian Cooking: Proves that veggies can be the star of any meal
8. What's Cooking Italian Style Cuisine: Mouthwatering, from sweet to savory
9. Jeroxie: Great dishes and fun restaurant reviews
10. Sweet Water: Even though I don't eat pork, I love her photos - and her writing.
Now it's time to go clean off my running mascara, put my tiara on the shelf, and pack away my awards gown ... I already can't wait until the next Tasties!!